16th European Lead Battery Conference and Exhibition (ELBC)
September 4 - September 7
The largest global gathering of lead battery experts in 2018, bringing together all those involved in the development, production and use of lead batteries.
Up to 800 delegates are expected from sectors including:
- battery manufactures
- equipment and materials suppliers
- end users from automotive, industrial and energy storage sectors.
Topics will include but are not limited to:
- Consumer requirements for current and future automotive, industrial, utility, smart-grid and renewable energy storage applications.
- Achievements in using carbons in lead batteries, and future research directions.
- Development of full electrochemical models to simulate processes in carbon enhanced lead batteries.
- Additives to the negative or positive active mass or electrolyte.
- Gas evolution and water loss in relation to Dynamic Charge Acceptance (DCA) improvements.
- Improving lifetimes and deep cycle life of lead batteries for industrial, utility, smart-grid and renewable energy storage applications.
- Harmonisation of testing standards.
- Battery testing method improvements.
- Development and use of advanced analytical techniques, basic science methods and materials engineeringfor lead battery research.
- Future production requirements in terms of quality control, impurities, raw materials, manufacturing and next generation equipment.