- This event has passed.
The Economist Events’ The Future of Materials Summit
November 13, 2017 - November 14, 2017
From hyperloop to robotics to 3D printing, the future capabilities of the technological innovations unfolding today will largely be shaped by the materials they are made of.
Advancements in material science are at a turning point. Whether it’s programmable matter, smart polymers, self-healing concrete, or others, the application of new materials could create new industries and transform existing ones–and even address some of the biggest environmental challenges facing our planet. Will traditional industries take advantage of this moment to unlock new opportunities for innovation and growth? Or will challenges around production and efficiency prevent them from truly capitalising on this moment?
Join us on November 13th-14th in Luxembourg at The Future of Materials Summit where we will analyse the materials ecosystem, addressing questions such as:
- How are the automotive, health care, consumer goods, aviation, construction and energy industries being transformed by a new generation of materials?
- How can smart materials science be used to make products, like electric cars more cost-effective and mainstream?
- How can the ecosystem be more efficient and environmentally friendly?
- How can the performance of materials be improved throughout their life-cycle?
- How are new ways of designing and manufacturing reshaping the industry?